Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Barn Wood Sign


Hi Everyone! I wanted share a quick post with you today and show you a barnwood sign I made. The hubby has been ripping apart our basement and found a lot of great barnwood, which of course he knew to save for me! I quickly made this sign by picking 8 boards that were roughly the same size and laid them out to my liking. I then took a two pieces of scrap wood and screwed them onto the back side. I mixed Minwax Sedona Red stain with water (half and half) and very lightly brushed it on, then wiped off the excess with a dry rag. I then painted on the letters and lightly sanded the whole piece to give it a rustic look. I hung it up and was done!


I'm sorry for the less than exciting pictures, I'm still working on learning to edit them!

Have a great day!

1 comment: